Turkey steaks Bolognese
Succulent, cheesy turkey steaks a la Bolognese.
This recipe contains turkey breast, corn flour, salt, eggs, bread crumbs, butter, prosciutto, cheese emmental, pepper
2 servings servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 2 turkey steaks
- Corn flour (enough for steak coating)
- 1-2 eggs, beaten
- Homemade bread crumbs (enough for breading)
- 30g butter
- 2-4 slices prosciutto or ham
- 2 slices Emmental cheese
- 1. Flaten the steaks very lightly with a meat mallet and bread them: dredge steaks, 1 at a time, first in corn flour, season with salt and pepper, then in eggs and then in breadcrumbs.
- 2. Cook the breaded steaks in butter, over medium heat, 6-8 minutes on each side or until crispy and golden.
- 3. Place a slice of prosciutto or ham, big enough to cover the whole steak, on each steak, cover it with a slice of cheese.
- 4. Put the steaks in an ovenproof dish, cover and brown in a microwave oven for 3 minutes. Cheese should be melted and browned.
Put the steaks in an ovenproof dish, cover and brown in oven at 200˚C/400F until cheese is melted.