Turkey-Noodle Soup with Carrots and Red Kale
Flavorful, healthy soups are easy to make at home with fresh, simple ingredients and very little time. Precooked or leftover turkey breast makes this dish quick to prepare, and fresh vegetables loaded with nutrients make it as wholesome as it is hearty.
This recipe contains olive oil, carrots, celery, onions, sea salt, black pepper, turkey breast, chicken broth, oregano (dried), egg noodles, red kale
4 - 5 Servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 whole large carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 whole celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 whole very small onion (or 1/2 medium onion), chopped
- 2 ds. sea salt, or to taste
- 2 ds. black pepper, or to taste
- 3 cup(s) diced, cooked turkey breast
- 6 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 3 oz. no-yolk egg noodles (medium or wide)
- 3 cup(s) (packed) chopped red kale
- 1. Heat a large stockpot over medium heat and add the olive oil. Add the carrots, celery, and onion, and season with salt and pepper.
- 2. Cover the pot (lower the heat, if needed) and cook until the vegetables are crisp-tender, about 10 minutes.
- 3. Add the turkey breast, broth, and oregano. Re-season with salt and pepper, as needed.
- 4. Increase the heat to high and bring to a boil. At the boiling point, add the noodles and kale. Reduce the heat to medium-high and simmer until the noodles and kale are tender, about 8 minutes.
- 5. Divide among 4-5 bowls and serve.