Turtle Cookies with Chocolate Frosting
Rich, decadent cookies topped with pecans or walnut halves and chocolate frosting.
View the full post here: http://savorytraditions.wordpress.com/2013/11/20/turtle-cookies-with-chocolate-frosting/
This recipe contains , butter, sugar (brown), water, vanilla extract, flour (all-purpose), pecans, , butter, water, cocoa powder, sugar (powdered, confectioners), vanilla extract
20 cookies servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups white flour
- Approximately 1 cup pecan or walnut halves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 1/2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. For the Cookies: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, water, and vanilla extract. Stir in the flour, and mix well.
- 3. On an ungreased baking sheet, place 1” balls of the cookie dough. Press a pecan or walnut half into the top of each dough ball.
- 4. Bake for 12-14 minutes. The cookies will not spread or “brown”, but the bottoms of the cookies will become a light golden brown.
- 5. Cool the cookies on a rack while preparing the frosting.
- 6. For the Frosting: Heat the butter and water in a small saucepan over low heat until the butter is melted. Add the cocoa, and whisk until blended. Remove from heat. Stir in the powdered sugar and vanilla.
- 7. Top each of the cooled cookies with a spoonful of frosting.