Tuscan soup - Zuppa Toscana
Wonderful soup, easy to make, brings the flavors of Tuscany to your table.
This recipe contains pancetta, olive oil, onions, garlic (fresh), sausage, water, cabbage, sour cream, lemon juice
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 6 slices panceta or smoked bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 garlic, sliced
- 9 oz. smoked sausage, cut into small pieces
- 1200 ml. water
- 2 - 3 cup(s) Savoy cabbage, sliced into strips
- 1/2 cup(s) sour cream
- Lemon juice
- 1. In a soup pot, sauté the pancetta in olive oil for 2 minutes. Add onion, sauté briefly. Add garlic, sauté for 2 minutes until the onion becomes glassy.
- 2. Stir in sausage, sauté on medium heat for 3 minutes.
- 3. Add water, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover and cook over low heat for 20 minutes.
- 4. Add Savoy cabbage to the soup, cook for another 5 minutes.
- 5. Whisk in sour cream and lemon juice. Serve.