Two Bite Black Bean Brownies
Mmm… Chocolate and coffee. Two of my favorite things combined into a bite size snack. These two bite brownies are perfect for that midday craving, with the added benefit of an energy boost and extra nutrients, including fibre and protein. Free of flour, dairy, soy, and refined sugars, and instead made with more natural ingredients like black beans and cocoa, so you can feel good about what you’re eating.(Free of gluten, dairy, and soy. Sugar optional)
This recipe contains dates, vanilla extract, beans (black), coffee, applesauce (unsweetened), baking soda, salt (sea), cocoa powder (dark), eggs, chocolate (dark, chips), chocolate (dark, chips), coconut flakes (unsweetened), pecans (chopped)
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 3/4 cup chopped, pitted dates (approximately 20 small)
- 2 vanilla beans or 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained (540ml can)
- 3/4 cup brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup Dutch dark cocoa powder
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Optional toppings: 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips combined with either 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut or 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 c unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 c chopped pecans
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Spray a mini muffin pan with non-stick baking oil or line with mini muffin cups.
- 3. Combine all ingredients into a food processor (except chocolate chips and toppings). Blend on high for 20-30 seconds or until completely smooth.
- 4. Stir in chocolate chips (optional).
- 5. Sprinkle brownies with the toppings: dark chocolate chips, coconut, pecans, or other toppings of your choice.
- 6. Bake for 20 minutes.
- 7. Cool and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer.
- 8. *If you don’t have a mini muffin tray use an 8” x 8” pan and bake for 30 minutes.