Creamy, tangy cucumber dip ideal to accompany grilled meats and vegetables.
Serve as a side dish to grilled meat or vegetables. Also, serve it on the side with warm pita bread triangles for dipping.
This recipe contains cucumbers, sea salt, yogurt, sour cream, olive oil, vinegar, fresh garlic, white pepper, fresh dill
2 servings servings
Prep time: 15 min
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, seeded and coarsely grated
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups of yogurt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp fresh dill, chopped, or 1 tbs dried dill
- 1. Salt lightly the cucumbers, mix and set aside for 5 minutes to release the water. To remove as much water as possible from the grated cucumber, squeeze it in small quantities with hands.
- 2. Mix and combine yogurt, sour cream, olive oil, vinegar, garlic and white pepper until smooth.
- 3. Add cucumbers and dill, mix and combine. Adjust the seasoning.
- 4. Chill for at least two hours before serving.