Ultimate Red Wine Chocolate Raspberry Cake
Chocolate cake with red wine, raspberry mascarpone filling and chocolate buttercream is so delicious you won’t be able to resist another slice! There is no going back to the “ordinary” cakes once you’ve tried this one!
This recipe contains flour, caster sugar, cocoa powder, red wine, milk, oil (sunflower), baking powder, eggs, salt, , raspberries, mascarpone, sugar (icing), , unsalted butter, cocoa powder, sugar (icing), milk, dark chocolate
Makes: 1 Cake (10-12 portions) Time: Preparation 10-15 mins + Baking 60mins + extra time for the filling & icing servings
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 1 hr
- 280 g (2 cups) Plain Flour
- 330 g (1 1/2 cups) Caster Sugar
- 70 g (3/4 cup) Dutch Processed Cocoa Powder
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) Red Wine
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) Milk
- 240 ml (1 cup) Sunflower Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Baking Powder
- 3 Medium Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- Raspberry Filling Recipe:
- 125 g (1 cup) Fresh Raspberries
- 250 g (1 cup) Mascarpone Cheese
- 60 g (1/2 cup) Icing Sugar
- Chocolate Buttercream Icing Recipe:
- 340 g (1.5 cup) Unsalted Butter
- 40 g (1/2 cup) Cocoa Powder
- 340 g (2 cups) Icing Sugar
- 150 ml (10 TBSP) Milk
- 100 g (3.5 oz) Dark Chocolate
- 1. Sift the flour and baking powder in a large bowl. Mix. Add sugar, salt and cocoa powder. Mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- 2. Pour in the oil, milk and add eggs. Combine until you get nice smooth batter. Pour in wine – a small amount at a time. After each addition, mix well.
- 3. Prepare cake tin (20 cm/8 inch wide & 15 cm/6 inch high) by lining it with baking paper.
- 4. Pour in the mixture and place in a preheated oven. Bake at 180 Celsius/ 350 Fahrenheit for 60 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- 5. When ready, let it cool a bit before transferring onto a cooling rack. Cool completely.
- 6. Raspberry Filling Recipe: Wash the raspberries. Puree them in a food processor. In a bowl combine the raspberry puree with mascarpone cheese and the icing sugar (use hand mixer if needed) until smooth and you are ready to go. A pretty simple way of preparing a super delicious cake filling and takes only seconds to make!
- 7. Chocolate Buttercream Icing Recipe: Cream the butter with a few spoons of milk (add the milk gradually) in a mixer. Add ½ of the icing sugar & some more milk. Add some more sugar as well as the cocoa powder, sifted. Be careful when turning on the mixer as you can end up with cocoa all over your surface and yourself if the mixer is on high speed.
- 8. Melt the chocolate over a pan of simmering water (bain-marie), let it cool a bit and add to the bowl. Mix until you get nice smooth texture and all ingredients are well blended.
- 9. If you think the icing is too thick, add some more milk and whisk again. Your icing is ready to go and you can ice your cake any way you like!