Valentine's Chicken Marsala
Easy and elegant dish for a romantic Valentine's Day dinner, or any day.
This recipe contains mushrooms, chicken breasts, fresh garlic, butter, olive oil, bread crumbs, marsala wine, heavy cream, pasta
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 40 min
- 6 oz. oz.sliced, fresh mushrooms
- 1 whole large boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 large garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. olive oil (plus additional to saute mushrooms)
- 1/2 cup(s) bread crumbs
- 2 cup(s) Marsala wine
- 1/4 cup(s) heavy cream
- 1. Slice mushrooms and pound chicken breast with a mallet between 2 sheets of wax paper to about 1/4 inch. Dredge breast in seasoned crumbs.
- 2. Heat a heavy stainless or cast iron pan (don't use non-stick). Add the butter and the olive oil till butter melts and is bubbly. Add chicken breast and brown on both sides.
- 3. Remove browned breast. Add additional olive oil and saute mushrooms and garlic.
- 4. Deglaze pan with wine.
- 5. Add browned chicken breast back to pan. Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 min.
- 6. Remove chicken from pan. Add cream and reduce sauce 50%.
- 7. Serve over cooked pasta, if desired.