Swedish Ham Balls
A sweet, meaty recipe that makes a huge amount of food.View the full post here: http://savorytraditions.wordpress.com/2013/11/04/swedish-ham-balls/
This recipe contains pork (ground), ham, bread crumbs, eggs, brown sugar, milk, apple cider vinegar, water, mustard powder
45 meatballs servings
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 1 hr 15 min
- 1 1/2 pounds ground pork
- 1 pound smoked ham, minced
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1. Preheat the oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the ground pork, ham, bread crumbs, and eggs.
- 3. Form the meat mixture into 1-inch balls.
- 4. In a 13” x 9” casserole dish, place the meat balls in a single layer.
- 5. In a medium bowl, combine the brown sugar, milk, apple cider vinegar, water, and dry mustard, and whisk together until thoroughly mixed.
- 6. Pour this sauce over the meat balls.
- 7. Bake for 1 1/4 hours (75 minutes), basting frequently.