Sweet and Savory Guacamole Cookies
Sound crazy?? Well Avocado and lime are like the creamy and tangy in any successful tea cookie combo. Add in the creaminess of the cream cheese, sweetness of the powdered sugar & sea salt to draw out the “dulce” and you’ve got a fluffy, light and unique treat. You’ll be surprised at how it rivals your favorite handheld desserts!
This recipe contains avocados, butter (vegan), cream cheese (vegan), sugar (powdered, confectioners), limes, lime juice, vanilla extract, flour, baking powder, salt (sea)
about 2 dozen servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 1/2 large avocado
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, room temperature
- 4 ounces vegan cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- zest of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour (gluten free if desired)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Coarse sea salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- 2. In a mixing bowl, sift together flour and baking powder.
- 3. In another bowl, cream together avocado, butter, cream cheese, and powdered sugar until smooth. Mix in lime juice, lime zest and vanilla. Then slowly add in flour mixture until everything is completely incorporated.
- 4. With a teaspoon, drop spoonfuls of cookie dough onto sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Smaller dollops, like kisses, will come out nice and crispy.
- 5. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until cookies are golden around the edges. Sprinkle lightly with sea salt and enjoy!