Sweet Potato Pizza
The late autumn air is rich and vivid and the colors remind me of sweet potatoes. This pizza recipe calls for the greens of a fresh beet. Most people do not realize these can be eaten, but they can and are extremely healthy.
This recipe contains pizza dough, sweet potatoes, pesto, cheese (parmesan), beets, olive oil, salt, black pepper
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 1 pizza dough, defrosted
- 1 sweet potato, scrubbed but not peeled
- 1-2 cups of pesto
- 1 1/2 cups of Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 bunch of beet greens
- Olive oil
- 1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Roll out dough and place on pizza pan, drizzle with a little olive oil and bake for 5 minutes. Slice the sweet potato into thin rounds, place in a bowl, and mix with a tablespoon of olive oil and a few dashes of salt.
- 2. Remove pizza from oven and smooth pesto over crust. Sprinkle half of the Parmesan cheese over pesto, and then layer the sweet potato. Add salt and pepper to taste and top with remaining cheese. Return to oven and cook for 10-12 minutes more.
- 3. Meanwhile, wash and chop beet greens, discarding the thick stems. Add to a pot of boiling water and cook for a few minutes. Drain and towel dry, and add to pizza. Return pan to oven and cook for five minutes, until beet greens start to crisp.