Sweet Potato, Kale & White Bean Soup
Packed with nutrition, this tasty soup warms the soul, fills the belly and gives you tons of vitamins. Very fast and easy to make!
This recipe contains grapeseed oil, sweet potatoes, yellow onions, red kale, chicken broth, white wine, cannellini beans, oregano, thyme, salt, pepper
4 servings servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 40 min
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1 medium sweet potato, peel on, chopped into 1/2" cubes
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 head red kale, stems removed, leaves chopped
- 1 quart chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 1/2 cup white wine (I used chardonnay)
- 1 can cannellini beans (15 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon dried Oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Thyme
- black pepper
- 1. In a large pot, heat the grapeseed oil over medium high and add the sweet potato. Sauté the sweet potato, stirring consistently about 5 minutes before adding the onion. Sauté about 8 minutes then add a splash of chicken broth to help steam the sweet potato and onion (the chicken broth should sizzle when it hits the pot). Continue cooking until sweet potato is softened but still al dente, another 5 minutes or so.
- 2. Add all of the chicken broth, white wine, cannellini beans and the oregano and thyme. Stir well and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer covered about 10 minutes. Add the chopped kale leaves, stir, cover again and cook another 5 minutes until kale leaves are softened. Taste the soup and add salt and ground black pepper to taste.