Sweet Potatoes Muffins
Having friends for the weekend is always fun as it allows me to be a bit more creative in the kitchen. However my son and guest did not feel my excitement on the new muffins that I was going to prepare for them. I have not made this very old recipe, which it was handed me down by someone ions ago, was delicious with the chocolate chips, and now without them, I was in unknown territory and had no idea what to expect. Not too sweet, light and just delicious was the final verdict. we enjoyed them also with butter and jam.
We hope you will enjoy them as well as much as we did.
This recipe contains flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, cinnamon, orange juice, eggs, oil, sweet potatoes, chocolate chips, sanding sugar
15 muffins servings
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup oil
- 16 ounces 2 medium sweet potatoes or yams- cooked in the oven until soft
- 1 cup chocolate chip
- Sanding sugar for decoration
- 1. Cook in the oven the sweet potatoes until soft. Remove from the oven and peel them. Place the meat into a dish, smash to reduce to a no chunk pulp and let it cool.
- 2. Keep the oven at 400°.
- 3. Mix all the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, cinnamon and chocolate chips if using.
- 4. Add to the dry ingredients the orange juice, sweet potatoes, egg and oil and mix well.
- 5. Place muffins cups in muffins pan and pour muffins mix up to cup high.
- 6. Sprinkle sanding sugar and bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- 7. Serve at room temperature.