Crumbly, crispy and perfumed with vanilla essence.
This recipe contains butter, sugar (powdered, confectioners), flour, flour (corn), vanilla extract, milk, sugar (powdered, confectioners), flour
For 8-10 people servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 1 hr 20 min
- 90g butter
- 40g icing sugar (or for taste)
- 130g plain flour - sifted
- 1 tbsp corn flour - sifted
- 1 1/2 tbsp vanilla essence
- 3/4 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp icing sugar (for dusting, keep aside)
- 1 tbsp plain flour (to dip fork over)
- 1. Beat butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
- 2. Add vanilla and milk, beat till combined.
- 3. Add sifted plain and cornflour.
- 4. Beat on low speed or fold in until combined.
- 5. Refrigerate for about 1 hour or until firm to roll.
- 6. Roll into tiny balls and place on baking tray lined with baking paper.
- 7. Dip fork in flour and press over the balls. (Note: you can flatten the balls as thin as you like)
- 8. Bake at 160C for about 20 minutes or till baked.
- 9. While cookies are still warm, dust icing sugar on top.