Vanilla Honey Cut Out Cookies
Sugar free and gluten free cut-out cookies, perfect to make as a gift for someone!
This recipe contains honey, vanilla bean paste, butter, flour (brown rice), cinnamon, salt, baking soda
20-24 cookies servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste (or extract)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup flour (mix of buckwheat and brown rice flour)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch salt
- pinch baking soda
- 1. 1. Preheat oven to 180c.
- 2. 2. Cream together the honey, vanilla and butter in a large mixing bowl, using an electric hand whisk or food processor.
- 3. 3. Stir in the flour, cinnamon, salt and baking soda.
- 4. 4. Using your hands, form into a ball, adding more flour if necessary.
- 5. 5. Place in the fridge to chill for 30 mins, if you have the time.
- 6. 6. Roll out on a floured surface with a floured rolling pin, until about 1/4 cm thick.
- 7. 7. Cut out with your favorite cookie cutter. Place on a baking tray lined with grease-proof paper.
- 8. 8. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until starting to go golden around the edges.
- 9. 9. Remove from the oven, leave to cool for 5 minutes, then lift carefully from the paper and move to a cooling rack for 30 minutes.
- 10. 10. Enjoy with a cup of tea, or wrap in a pretty bag tied up with ribbon to give to someone special!
- 11. Cook's Notes: You can omit the cinnamon, salt and soda if you choose. or replace the cinnamon with your favorite spice, like nutmeg, clove, caraway or ginger. Feel free to use your favorite flour in this recipe, ground oats or barley would work well.