Tacos in mini cups
These mini taco cups are cute as a button and packed with flavour
This recipe contains tortillas (flour), olive oil, onions, beef (ground), tomatoes, beef broth, cheese (cheddar, shredded), , chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin powder, paprika (smoked), oregano (dried), , tomatoes, lettuce, avocados, sour cream, fresh cilantro
4 - 12 Servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 12 20cm / 8in. tortillas, flour or (sweet) corn
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 500 lb. / 1lb lean beef mince (I used 95% lean)
- 1 medium tomato, finely diced
- 250 cup(s) / 1 cup low sodium beef broth
- Shredded strong cheddar
- For the taco seasoning:
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder or Cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp. to 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Taco toppings: finely diced tomato, shredded lettuce, chopped avocado, sour cream, chopped coriander/cilantro, chopped olives, freshly squeezed lime juice, etc
- tomato (chopped)
- lettuce (shredded)
- avocado (sliced)
- sour cream
- 1. Put a frying pan on medium heat. Heat the oil, then add the onion and sweat for about 10 minutes, until soft and translucent.
- 2. Add the beef and allow to brown, stirring occasionally to break it down. Add the taco seasoning and stir. Add the stock and simmer over medium heat for about an hour to let the beef break down.
- 3. Once the beef is cooked, stir in the chopped tomato.
- 4. Preheat the oven to 190°C / 375°F.
- 5. Lightly grease a 12-muffin tin. Using a cookie-cutter, or bowl to help, cut 13cm / 5in. circles into the tortillas. Microwave the tortilla circles for about 10-15 seconds, until soft and pliable. Lightly press one tortilla in each muffin tin, making sure the bottom and corners are fit snuggly the tin.
- 6. Press a spoonful of meat into each tortilla cup. Top with cheese. Bake for 10-12 minutes until the edges are lightly golden and the cheese is hot and bubbly.
- 7. Carefully remove the cups from the muffin tin and serve with any taco toppings of your choice.