Tapioca Poriyal (Stir fry)
stir fried with chili powder, spices and curry leaves for the spicy and appealing taste.
This recipe contains tapioca, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, chili powder, turmeric, chili (red, dried), onions (red), fresh ginger, lime juice, salt, oil
4 - 5 Servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 1 medium size (about 400g) tapioca - remove skin, cut into two or three pieces and boiled till tender.
- 1 tsp. mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1/2 tbsp. plain chili powder
- 1 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 dried red chili - snip into smaller pieces
- 1 red onion - chopped
- 1/2 inch ginger - chopped
- Lime juice - as needed
- Salt for taste
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1. Cut tapioca into smaller pieces and mix with turmeric.
- 2. Heat oil; saute onion and ginger.
- 3. Splatter in mustard and cumin seeds.
- 4. Add all other ingredients; stir and fry for about 3-4 mins.
- 5. Increase the heat and fry for another 1 min.
- 6. Dish out and serve.