Tasty Easy Meatloaf
This recipe for Tasty Easy Meatloaf is sure to satisfy the pickiest eaters.
This recipe contains beef (ground), sausage, bread crumbs, onions, eggs, salt, black pepper, cumin, garlic powder, tomato sauce, cider vinegar, sugar (brown), mustard (whole grain), water, worcestershire
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 1 hr
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1/2 lb hot sausage
- 1 Cup breadcrumbs
- 1 small onion diced.
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 8 oz cans tomato sauce - divided
- 3 Tbs Cider vinegar
- 3 Tbs brown sugar packed
- 2 Tbs good quality whole grain mustard
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tbs Worcestershire
- 1. Mix beef, sausage, bread crumbs, onion, egg, salt, pepper, cumin, garlic powder, ½ cup tomato sauce. Do not over mix or your meatloaf will become chewy. Simply use your fingers and mush it together and only do this until it is just mixed.
- 2. Place in a shallow oven proof pan and form into a loaf. Stir together the remaining sauce, vinegar, sugar, mustard, water and Worcestershire
- 3. Pour the sauce over the meatloaf and bake x 1 hour until cooked through. While cooking, spoon the sauce over the top of the meatloaf about every 20 minutes.
- 4. Remove from the oven and spoon the sauce over the top a final time. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving.