Tender steaks with polenta
Very tender, moist and succulent steaks with polenta.
This recipe contains pork chops (bone in), dijon mustard, tomatoes, oregano (fresh), cheese, polenta
4 servings servings
- 4 pork blade steaks
- 4 tbs Dijon mustard
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 3-4 sprigs fresh oregano
- 140g hard cheese of choice, coarsely grated
- 4 servings of cooked polenta
- 1. Remove any visible fat from steaks. Grill steaks in a well heated grill pan until they are golden brown on both sides. Reduce flame and continue to cook for another 8-10 minutes.
- 2. Place the steaks into an ovenproof dish. Preheat oven to 200˚C.
- 3. Smear each piece of meat with mustard.
- 4. Cover steaks with sliced tomatoes, sprinkle with fresh oregano leaves. Top with grated cheese and cover the dish.
- 5. Cook the steaks for 30 minutes in an oven, then remove the lid. Cook for another 10 minutes under the oven grill until the cheese melts completely.
- 6. In the meantime, prepare the polenta according to the manufacturer's instructions, cool it slightly, then cut with round cake cutter and place in a muffin mould.
- 7. Sprinkle polenta with some grated cheese and few leaves of oregano. Bake until the cheese melts.
- 8. Serve with steaks and tomatoes.