Vegan Pumpkin Pie Butter Cups
Delicious pumpkin pie peanut butter cups with a raw chocolate crust. These are great vegan and gluten-free crowd-pleasing desserts!
This recipe contains , cocoa powder, walnuts, coconut flakes (unsweetened), medjool dates, , cocoa powder, coconut oil, maple syrup, , pumpkin (canned), peanut butter (creamy), maple syrup, chia seeds, pumpkin pie spice
16 cups servings
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 1 hr
- Raw Chocolate Pie Crust
- 2 TBS cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup pitted medjool dates (about 10 12)
- Chocolate Shell
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup + 2 TBS coconut oil, melted
- 3 1/2 TBS maple syrup
- Pumpkin Filling
- 4 TBS pumpkin puree (*not the pumpkin pie puree)
- 3 TBS peanut butter, creamy or chunky
- 1 1/2 TBS maple syrup
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 pinch of pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- 1. Line 16 muffin cups with paper or silicone liners. The butter cups are easier to take out if you use paper liners.
- 2. In a food processor, blend all of the chocolate crust ingredients together.
- 3. Drop a tablespoon of the crust into each cup and flatten it at the bottom.
- 4. In a small bowl, mix the ingredients for the pumpkin filling together. Freeze it for 5-10 minutes.
- 5. Mix the chocolate shell ingredients together until it looks like chocolate sauce.
- 6. Remove the pumpkin filling and drop ½-tablespoon dollops of the pie filling into each cup.
- 7. Pour about 2 teaspoons of chocolate sauce into each cup so that you could just about cover up the pumpkin filling.
- 8. Freeze the cups for 30 minutes to an hour.
- 9. Store in the refrigerator. The chocolate will turn gooey if you leave the cups out in room temperature for a long time.