Vegan Strawberry Cupcakes
Vegan strawberry cupcakes made topped with cream cheese frosting.
This recipe contains , wheat pastry flour, unbleached flour, non-dairy milk, oil, sugar (turbinado), baking powder, vanilla, strawberry flavor, frosting, margarine, non-dairy milk, powdered sugar, cream cheese (non-dairy), vanilla, strawberry flavor, red food coloring, sea salt
12 cupcakes servings
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup unbleached white flour
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (I used soy)
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3/4 turbinado sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp non-aluminum baking powder
- 2 tsp natural vanilla flavor
- 1 tsp natural strawberry flavor
- 1/4 cup non-hydrogenated margarine
- 1 Tbs non-dairy milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup non-dairy cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp strawberry flavor
- 1/4 tsp natural food-grade red food coloring, or until desired shade of pink
- pinch of sea salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place muffin liners in 12 cup muffin pan and set aside. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl combine non-dairy milk, oil, sugar, vanilla flavor, and strawberry flavor. Combine both and mix until smooth (I used a wire whisk). Fill muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and spring back when touched Remove from oven, let sit for 5 minutes then transfer to cooling rack.
- 2. To make frosting: Cream margarine and powdered sugar. Add milk, vanilla, and strawberry flavor. Using a hand held mixer cream until light and fluffy. Transfer to refrigerator until stiff.
- 3. When cupcakes are completely cooled, frost. Enjoy!!