Vegan spicy sautéed mushrooms in 10 minutes.
It is mushroom season, and I wrote a lot about (button) crimini mushrooms lately. Button mushrooms have an excellent amount of selenium, zinc and manganese; all three are great antioxidant minerals. Also daily intake of crimini mushrooms for 1-2 months can reduce levels of total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol, and TGs.
This recipe contains mushrooms (button), peppers (chili, fresh), carrots, bell peppers (red), onions (white), vegetable oil, salt
4 people servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 1 lb button mushrooms
- 1 small chili pepper
- 1 medium carrot
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 white onion
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1. Wash the button mushrooms (clean them if you normally do it).
- 2. Peel the white onion, wash the red bell pepper and chili, take away the seeds out of both of them.
- 3. Finely chop the onion, red bell pepper and chili. Peel the carrot, wash and shred it.
- 4. Now: preheat the frying pan, add the cooking oil, throw in the mushrooms, season and braise at medium heat for 5 minutes covered with lid
- 5. Add the chili pepper and red bell pepper with onion and fry for additional 5 minutes at the medium heat without the lid
- 6. Serve on a leaf of romaine lettuce separately or with a brown rice.
- 7. http://helenscooking.info/2011/10/28/vegan-spicy-sauteed-mushrooms/