Vegan Whole Wheat and Corn Flour Muffins
A healthy bake is what I look for and if it is egg-less all the more better. Its not that I am against eggs I just do not have them in my kitchen. So this one is just right for me.
This recipe contains flour (whole wheat), flour (corn), brown sugar, salt, baking powder, chocolate, flax seeds, water, milk, oil
12+2(small ones) servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup corn flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips +some more (for decoration I used about 1/4+1/8 cup)
- 1 tbsp Flax seed powder
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1. Preheat 180ºC/355 F. Grease the muffin molds I needed 12 molds and 2 small ones.
- 2. Mix the flax seeds with the warm water and set aside.
- 3. Mix all the dry ingredients with a wire whisk.
- 4. Add the wet ingredients one by one. Combine well.
- 5. Spoon with an ice cream scoop in the molds till ¾ full.
- 6. Garnish with chocolate chips.
- 7. Bake for 20 minutes or till the tooth pick inserted come out clean.
- 8. My best guide for checking the cake is when it pulls away from the mold.