Vegetable and Herb Cauliflower Tabbouleh
Tabbouleh is always a fabulous picnic or party side dish. Light and fresh and and healthy. But for those who are looking for an even healthier version, try substituting the Bulgar wheat and grains for cauliflower. My vogue veggie of the month, this is a fun, crunchy and tasty spin on a middle eastern favorite!
This recipe contains cauliflower, tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, olive oil, lemons, tarragon (fresh), thyme (fresh), cumin, coriander, salt, pepper
1-2 servings servings
Prep time: 10 min
- 1/2 head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 3/4 c finely diced tomatoes
- 3/4 c finely diced cucumbers
- 2 green onions, very finely minced (use whites and greens)
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1/4 to 1/2 of a lemon
- 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1. Chop cauliflower into florets – make the size fairly uniform.
- 2. Add cauliflower to food processor and chop for about a minute or so until the cauliflower begins to look like rice.
- 3. Transfer to a large bowl and add tomatoes, cucumbers and onion to the cauliflower.
- 4. Add olive oil, lemon juice, herbs, and spices. Salt and pepper to taste. Set aside or refrigerate.