A vegetarian version of the traditional beef wellington.
This recipe contains olive oil, butternut squash, honey, butter, garlic, onions (red), mushrooms (portobello), cheese (brie), puff pastry, eggs
3-4 servings servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 3 gloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 2 cups cubed portobella mushroom
- 1/4-1/2 cup sliced Brie
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 egg white
- 1. Preheat over to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2. Cube butternut squash and heat in oil and honey over medium heat. Stir squash every 1 minute until golden brown with caramelized outside.
- 3. Melt butter in medium pan over medium heat. Add garlic.
- 4. Slice red onion and add to garlic butter mix. Cube portobella mushroom and add to onion, garlic mix. Heat over medium heat until mushrooms are cooked through.
- 5. Roll out puff pastry on greased cookie sheet. Place layer of squash down the middle, topped with mushroom and onion mix. Place a layer of sliced Brie on top of the veggies.
- 6. Fold the short sides over onto the filling. Fold the long side over, one at a time to create a log shape. Transfer log into a greased baking dish.
- 7. Brush the top with egg white. Place on middle rack and bake for 12-17 minutes or until top is golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool 5 minutes. Serve. Makes 3-4 servings.
- 8. This recipe has been adapted from http://www.livelovepasta.com/2011/11/vegetable-wellington/.