Vegetables and minced meat casserole
Inexpensive dish ideal for the end of the month.
This recipe contains broccoli, carrots, zucchini, onions, olive oil, beef (ground), tomatoes, salt, black pepper
4 servings servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 500g broccoli
- 300g carrots
- 300g zucchini
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tbs olive oil (2 + 1)
- 400 g ground beef
- 1 can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1. Cut the broccoli into flowerets and the stem into bite-size pieces; cut carrots and zucchini into cubes.
- 2. Sauté onion in 2 tablespoons of olive oil, add chopped vegetables and cook for 10 minutes over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- 3. In a separate pan sauté minced meat breaking it up well, and stir for 6-8 minutes until browned.
- 4. Add the tinned tomatoes to the cooked vegetables, mash them coarsely, stir and combine.
- 5. Transfer the meat into the pan with the vegetables, season with salt and pepper, mix thoroughly to combine all ingredients.
- 6. Serve with cooked rice or something similar (couscous, mashed potatoes).