Vegetarian Jajang Myeon (Noodles w Black Bean Sauce)
Korean-Chinese fusion dish that is hugely popular with busy city dwellers. Delivery guys will bring this dish to your doorsteps in a matter of minutes. This dish is full of flavors and a must for noodle-lovers.
This recipe contains chunjang paste, kalguksu noodles, potatoes, carrots, zucchini, onions, corn, cornstarch, water, oyster sauce, garlic, cucumbers
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 1 300 gram package of chunjang paste (jajang myeon sauce)
- 1 package of kalguksu noodles (or jajangmyeon noodles if available)
- 2 potatoes or sweet potatoes, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup corn
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- cucumber, julienned (optional for garnish/topping)
- 1. In a large wok or frying pan, bring 4 cups of water to a rapid boil.
- 2. Add minced garlic and chunjang paste, mix thoroughly until paste is fully dissolved.
- 3. Next add all the vegetables to the mix, cooking on medium heat for about 15 minutes.
- 4. Meanwhile, bring another pot to a boil. Cook the noodles according to package directions.
- 5. Lastly, add oyster sauce and the cornstarch/water mixture to the jajang sauce. Be sure to stir in the cornstarch mixture to prevent clumping. The sauce will thicken within minutes.
- 6. Place noodles in a serving bowl, ladle sauce on top, and enjoy some awesome jajangmyeon!