Vegetarian Jacket Potatoes
This is a vegetarian version of Jacket Potatoes or Baked potatoes. These are are filled with sweetcorn, bell peppers, cottage cheese and topped with cheddar cheese.
This recipe contains potatoes, sweet corn, bell peppers (green), cottage cheese, oregano, chili flakes, white pepper, garlic, onions, fresh basil, olive oil, salt, bell peppers (red), bell peppers (yellow)
Prep time: 25 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 4 large russet potatoes, half boiled with salt
- 1/4 cup(s) sweet corn, boiled
- 1/4 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. cottage cheese
- 1/4 tsp. oregano
- 1/4 tsp. chilli flakes
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper powder
- 2 pods garlic
- 1/4 onion finely chopped
- 4 - 5 fresh basil leaves chopped or 1/4tsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 red bell pepper
- 1/4 yellow bell pepper
- 1. Halve each half boiled potato vertically. Slice off a thin round from bottom, so each piece will stand firm. Scoop the potatoes leaving thin wall on sides. Chop the scooped potato and keep aside.
- 2. Heat oil in a pan. Add garlic, oregano, and chilli flakes. Add onions and sauté for a minute or till the onions are translucent. Add capsicum (peppers) and sauté for 1-2 mins. Add corn and saute for one minute. Add paneer, salt, pepper powder, basil leaves, and salt. Saute for 2-3 minutes. Add the scooped potatoes and mix well till the potatoes are mashed.
- 3. Cool the mixture a little. Fill the mixture in the potatoes and top them with grated cheese.
- 4. Preheat the oven and bake the potatoes at 200 degrees for 15 minutes or till the cheese on top is slightly browned.