Vegetarian Tostadas With Spicy Black Beans (+gluten free)
quick and easy tostadas with spicy black beans and your favorite condiments
This recipe contains tortillas (corn), black beans, onions, garlic, olive oil, green chilies, fresh spinach, basil (dried), cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, sour cream, salsa, garlic salt
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 4 White or Yellow Corn Tortillas
- 1 - 15 oz. can of Black Beans (drained)
- 1/4 cup(s) onions diced
- 1 Garlic minced
- 1/2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 - 3 Chiles in Adobo Sauce (diced)
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Spinach (sliced julienne style)
- Sprinkle of dried basil (for black beans)
- 8 Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- Feta Cheese for topping
- Sour Cream for topping
- your favorite salsa
- sprinkle of garlic salt (for black beans)
- 1. Heat a large saute pan on medium high heat. Saute your onions and garlic in olive oil for 2-3 minutes.
- 2. Place your black beans (BB) in a microwavable safe container and add the sauteed onions and garlic to the BB.
- 3. Add the diced chilies in adobo sauce to the BB. Sprinkle in some dried basil and garlic sea salt. Stir and microwave for 2 minutes, using a potato masher mash the warm BB to your desired consistency and return to the microwave for 1 minute.
- 4. Meanwhile take a paper towel and using the same saute pan wipe out any excess oil or browning from the onions. Spray with cooking oil and on high heat, toast your tortillas until crispy anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes.
- 5. Assemble your tostadas by placing the beans on top, sprinkle with feta, top with spinach, sliced cherry tomatoes, dollop of sour cream and sprinkle with more feta and salsa