Venetian risi e bisi
A very simple soup, one of the glories of Venetian cooking.
This recipe contains onions, bacon, parsley, butter, peas, rice (arborio), chicken stock, cheese (parmesan)
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 1 whole onion, chopped
- 2 slice(s) thin sliced bacon, chopped
- 1 whole small bunch parsley, chopped
- 3 1/2 tbsp. butter
- 4 cup(s) young peas
- 1/2 cup(s) Arborio rice
- 1 1/2 l. beef or chicken stock
- 4 tbsp. Parmesan or Grana Padano cheese, grated
- 1. Saute onion, bacon and parsley in the butter for 2 minutes until translucent.
- 2. Add the peas, cover and cook slowly for about 10 minutes.
- 3. Add the rice, stir, let it absorb all the fat from the pan.
- 4. Add the stock and simmer gently until the rice is cooked but still al dente.
- 5. Before serving stir in the grated cheese and serve immediately.