Zesty Orange Faraway Muffin
This moist Zesty Orange Faraway Muffin will start your day off right. Bursting with fresh orange tangy flavor, it is crumbly comfort food at its best!
This recipe contains butter, sugar, eggs, sour cream, oranges, orange peel, orange extract, flour, baking soda, salt, pecans, , powdered sugar, oranges, oranges
12 servings servings
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- Orange Glaze
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a 12-cup standard muffin tin with paper liners and set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar with a mixer. Beat in egg.
- 3. Fold in sour cream, orange juice, orange zest and extract.
- 4. In a smaller bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Add flour mixture and pecans to orange mixture and stir until just combined.
- 5. Scoop batter evenly into the muffin pan, the tins should be about ½ to ¾ full in each liner.
- 6. Bake for 16-18 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- 7. Let the muffins cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then transfer them to a cooling rack.
- 8. To make the Orange Glaze, in a small bowl combine the confectioners’ sugar, orange juice and orange zest and whisk until smooth. Spoon the glaze over each muffin using a spoon. Allow glaze to set before serving.