Zesty Taco Casserole
Zesty Taco Bake is cheesy, delicious, spicy goodness in one pan. Perfect weeknight casserole to satisfy all your taco cravings.
This recipe contains tortillas (corn), ground beef, salt, pepper, onions, peppers (jalapeno, fresh), taco seasoning, chili powder, onion powder, green chilies, olives (black), salsa, refried beans, sour cream, tortilla chips, cheese (cheddar, sharp, shredded), avocados, tomatoes (cherry)
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 3 corn tortillas
- 1 - 1 1/2 lb. ground beef or ground chuck
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 whole medium onion
- 2 whole fresh jalapenos, diced
- 1 pkg(s) 1oz. taco seasoning
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 8 oz. fire roasted mild diced green chilies
- 1 can(s) 2.25oz. can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 cup(s) favorite salsa, divided
- 1 can(s) 16oz. can refried beans
- 2 tbsp. sour cream
- 2 1/2 cup(s) coarsely broken tortilla chips
- 4 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded for top
- 1 - 2 whole avocados, sliced
- 4 - 5 cherry tomatoes
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2. Roughly chop the corn tortillas and place on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Bake the corn tortillas for 8 minutes or until lightly brown and crispy. Set aside.
- 3. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef, salt, pepper, onion and jalapeno until the meat is done. Drain grease. Add the taco seasoning, chili powder, onion powder, diced green chilies, olives and ½ cup salsa. Mix well and cook for 5 minutes until it thickens. Stir in the baked corn tortillas and remove from heat.
- 4. In a saucepan over medium heat, mix together the refried beans, sour cream and the remaining ½ cup salsa until hot.
- 5. Place the broken tortilla chips in the bottom of a 8x8” dish. Pour the beans over the chips and add the beef on top, do not stir. Sprinkle cheese over the top and bake for 20 minutes or until bubbling. Take out of the oven and sprinkle with avocado slices and chopped tomatoes.