There is something about eggs that makes breakfast complete. And if you have been having the same ol’ fried eggs, soft boiled eggs or cheese and ham omelette, this fusion omelette might become your new morning favourite. It is a slightly different and refreshing omelette that will almost definitely make your morning brighter, through taste and colour.
This recipe contains eggs, salt, oil (peanut), garlic, ginger (fresh), sugar (palm), tomatoes (cherry), tomatoes (yellow cherry), soy sauce, oil (sesame), lemons, cilantro (fresh)
Serves 1 servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3 tbs peanut / vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 inch ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tsp palm sugar
- 3 whole red cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 whole yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- juice of 1/4 lemon
- 1 tbs chopped coriander leaves
- 1. 1. Start off by beating the eggs with a pinch of salt.
- 2. 2. Heat the pan on medium low heat with peanut oil and pour in the whisked eggs into the pan once oil is hot.
- 3. 3. Pull the cooked edge of the omelette into the middle and let the uncooked mixture run to the side. This will enable a more consistent cooking of the egg. Cook for a bout a minute or until the middle is almost cooked and soft.
- 4. 4. Fold the eggs in half and place omelette on a plate. The omelette is still cooking at this moment because the it is still hot so it is vital to not cook the eggs fully on the pan. Otherwise, the eggs will be overcooked while on the plate.
- 5. 5. With the same pan without washing, heat some oil and saute the garlic and ginger.
- 6. 6. Once garlic and ginger are fragrant, add in the sugar and let it melt.
- 7. 7. Next, add the halved tomatoes and cook for about 1 minute or until slightly soft.
- 8. 8. Pour in the sesame oil, soy sauce and lemon. Mix them well and remove from heat.
- 9. 9. Pour the tomatoes and sauce over the omelette and garnish with coriander leaves.