Zucchini & Basil Frittata
Fresh out of the garden frittata! Made with zucchini, green onion, basil, cheddar cheese and a whole lot of nutrition!
This recipe contains onions (green/spring), zucchini, basil, salt, eggs, cheese (cheddar, shredded), oil (grapeseed)
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 4 green onion stalks, chopped
- 2 cup(s) shredded zucchini (1 large or 2 smaller zucchinis)
- 12 leaves basil, chopped
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp. grapeseed oil
- 1. Shred the zucchini with a box grater or a food processor. Place shredded zucchini in a colander with a large bowl underneath. Sprinkle with a little salt and allow some water to seep out of the zucchini, about 20 minutes. You can squeeze some of the water out with your hands if you’re in a hurry. This part can be completed ahead of time and the shredded zucchini can stay in your refrigerator overnight if you would like to do this recipe in stages.
- 2. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- 3. In a large mixing bowl, add shredded zucchini, green onion, basil, cheddar cheese and salt. Stir to combine.
- 4. Crack the eggs in a separate bowl and beat them. Pour the egg mixture into the bowl with the veggies and stir to combine all ingredients.
- 5. In a 10” cast iron skillet heat 1 to 2 tablespoons grapeseed (or olive oil). Spread the oil around, making sure the sides are nicely oiled as well. Heat to medium then add the egg/zucchini mixture, and make sure the mixture is evenly distributed. Cook until the egg begins to cook to the sides of the skillet, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- 6. Use a pot holder to place skillet in the oven. Bake 12 to 15 minutes until the center tests clean.