Zucchini and Pecorino Frittata
Easy, yet elegant dish. Perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
This recipe contains eggs, half & half, onions, zucchini, cheese (pecorino), garlic powder, crushed red pepper, pepper, olive oil
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 6 eggs
- half and half- splash
- 1/2 whole onion
- 1 whole zucchini
- 1 oz. grated pecorino romano
- 2 - 4 ds. garlic powder, season to taste
- 2 - 3 ds. crushed red pepper, season to taste
- 2 - 4 ds. pepper, season to taste
- 1 tbsp. olive oil, to coat skillet
- 1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2. Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- 3. Dice your onion and thinly slice zucchini into rounds.
- 4. Coat skillet with a THIN layer of olive oil.
- 5. Saute onions for 3 to 5 minutes until soft and translucent.
- 6. Add zucchini and sauté another 5-7 minutes until softened. Add seasonings of your preference (see above for my suggestions.)
- 7. Beat eggs with half and half. Add in grated cheese and stir until combined.
- 8. Pour egg mixture into skillet and let it cook for about 1 minute. Just until the eggs set.
- 9. Transfer skillet into oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- 10. Remove from oven, sprinkle more cheese on top and enjoy!