Zucchini Cashew Brownies
Zucchini brownies with cashews, dark chocolate and natural cocoa – sweet heaven!
This recipe contains zucchini, cashew nuts, butter, chocolate (dark), eggs, sugar, sugar (vanilla), flour (all-purpose), cocoa powder, baking powder, chocolate chips, sugar (powdered, confectioners)
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 150 g. g/ 5.3 oz zucchini
- 100 g. g/ 3.5 oz cashews
- 75 g. g/ 2.6 oz butter
- 50 g. g/ 1.7 oz dark chocolate with 70% cocoa content
- 2 eggs
- 150 g. g/ 5.3 oz sugar
- 1 tbsp. vanilla sugar or 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 50 g. g/ 1.7 oz all-purpose flour
- 5 tsp. heaped teaspoons natural cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 tsp. heaped teaspoon baking powder
- chocolate chips, optional
- icing sugar, optional
- 1. Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius/ 340 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a brownie pan (mine is 22 x 24 cm/ 8.6 x 9.5 inches) with baking paper.
- 2. Grate the zucchini and roughly chop the cashews.
- 3. Place the butter and the roughly chopped chocolate into a small pan and heat gently until melted. Do not let boil. Leave to cool for a few minutes while preparing the rest.
- 4. Place the eggs, sugar and vanilla sugar into a bowl and whisk up with a hand-held mixer until frothy.
- 5. Mix the flour, cocoa and baking powder together and give over the egg mixture. Incorporate and add the butter-chocolate mixture. Add the zucchini and the cashews and incorporate everything. You can add some chocolate chips here if you like.
- 6. Pour this mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, depending on your oven and also the size of the pan. Insert a toothpick in the middle of the cake. It should come out still a little moist. Leave to cool and dust with icing sugar if desired.
- 7. It keeps well in an airtight container for several days.