Zucchini Pizza Boats
Crispy zucchini topped with garlic, cheese, tomatoes and basil, and then baked until golden and bubbling with cheesy goodnes
This recipe contains zucchini, olive oil, garlic, tomatoes (grape), bread crumbs, cheese (mozzarella), basil, cheese (parmesan), salt, black pepper
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 3 whole zucchini
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 - 2 tsp. garlic, minced
- 15 whole grape tomatoes, halved
- bread crumbs
- 1 - 2 cup(s) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Chopped fresh or dried basil, enough to sprinkle on top
- Parmesan cheese, enough to sprinkle on top
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- 2. Cut the zucchinis in half lengthwise. If necessary, trim a little off the bottom so it will sit still in a baking dish.
- 3. With a spoon, scoop out some of the center where the seeds are to make a little groove in the zucchini boats.
- 4. Place zucchini in a baking dish and brush the boats with olive oil, spread the minced garlic and add salt and pepper to taste.
- 5. Arrange the halved tomatoes on the boats and sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- 6. Bake for about 30 minutes.
- 7. Remove from oven, turn on the broiler, place mozzarella and basil in between the tomatoes, and put them back in the oven to broil for a few minutes until golden and bubbling.
- 8. Remove from the oven and sprinkle on some parmesan cheese.