Tender Zucchini Sauteed with Red Onion and Garlic cooked in Chicken Broth and Rice
This recipe contains rice, garlic, red onions, olive oil, zucchini, chicken stock (low sodium), paprika, chili powder
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 1 cup(s) long grained rice
- 3 garlic, minced
- 3/4 red onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 zucchini, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 2 1/2 cup(s) low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1. Place saucepan over medium high heat. Add olive oil, red onion and garlic. Saute until onion softens, about 5 minutes. Add zucchini and spices. Saute until zucchini begins to cook, 5 minutes.
- 2. Add chicken broth, stir and cover. Reduce to medium low and let simmer for 20 minutes until rice is tender.
- 3. Fluff rice with a fork and serve.