“Oh My! Pumpkin Pie!” Macarons
On October 9th, 2012, Tropical Foods had its Flavors of the Fall Recipe Contest with the culinary students at the Charlotte Campus of Johnson & Wales University. This recipe, “Oh My! Pumpkin Pie!” Macarons, was created by Kelcey Fleagle.
This recipe contains deli delight snack mix, , powdered sugar, eggs, cream of tartar, caster sugar, pumpkin spice, , pumpkin puree, cream cheese, orange juice, pumpkin spice, butter, powdered sugar
10-20 macarons servings
- 1 cup Tropical Food's Diet Delight Snack Mix, separated
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 large egg whites, room temperature
- Pinch of cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup superfine sugar
- 1/2 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- PUMPKIN RAISIN FILLING
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp. orange juice
- 1 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2. Separate nuts from raisins in Tropical Food’s Diet Delight®. (snack mix)
- 3. Use a food processor to grind nuts to a powder, but do not let it grind to a butter.
- 4. Sift the nut flour with confectioners’ sugar and pumpkin pie spice into a small bowl.
- 5. In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites until foamy; add cream of tartar and superfine sugar. Whip to a stiff peak.
- 6. Sift nut flour over egg mixture and fold together. Scrape batter into a piping bag with round tip sized for desired macaroon size. Pipe out identical rounds of batter and let sit until a light skin is formed.
- 7. Lower oven to 325 degrees and bake macarons for 10 minutes, rotating halfway between. Let cool for 5 minutes, and then fill.
- 8. To make filling, place raisins from Diet Delight® into a food processor and process until chopped. Add the remaining filling ingredients and process until well blended.
- 9. Scrape into a bag and pipe a small amount sandwiched between two macarons.