Spanish-Style Chicken Soup
Spanish-Style Chicken Soup- with chicken and chorizo sausage.
This recipe contains olive oil, onions (red), garlic (fresh), tomatoes (plum, canned), beans (garbanzo), water, paprika, crushed red pepper, salt, black pepper, carrots, potatoes, chicken (thighs, boneless, skinless), sausage (chorizo)
4 - 6 Servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 50 min
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 whole red onions, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 clove(s) garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 can(s) 28oz. can Italian plum tomatoes
- 1 can(s) 15oz. can garbanzo beans
- 2 cup(s) water
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 - 3 ds. salt
- 1 - 3 ds. pepper, to taste
- 2 whole carrots, cut into chunks
- 1 whole potato, cubed
- 4 whole chicken thighs
- 4 oz. spanish chorizo sausage, casing removed, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1. Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in onions and garlic, cook until the onion has softened and turned translucent. Pour in tomatoes, garbanzo beans, and water; season with paprika, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Stir in carrots and potatoes, then place chicken thighs skin-side up on top of the vegetables.
- 2. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium, cover, and simmer until the chicken is tender, about 25 minutes.
- 3. Preheat oven to 400° F (200° C).
- 4. Remove chicken from the stew and set aside. Stir in the chorizo slices, then pour the stew into a glass baking dish. Place the chicken thighs on top, skin-side up.
- 5. Bake in preheated oven until the stew has thickened and the chicken skin is crispy, about 15 minutes.