Balsamic Chicken Thighs with Sliced Carrots and Wholegrain Wild Rice
The tangy taste of Balsamic vinegar blends with soy sauce to give this dish a distinctive flavor profile. It’s a delicious and hearty meal your family will love
This recipe contains rice (instant), balsamic vinegar, soy sauce (low-sodium), olive oil, chicken (thighs, boneless, skinless), carrots, maple syrup, salt, black pepper
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 2 pkg(s) 8.8oz. uncle bens ready rice, long grain and wild rice
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 whole boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 4 whole carrots, sliced
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1. Prepare rice according to package directions.
- 2. Preheat oven to 400˚F. In bowl, mix together vinegar, soy sauce and 1 tbsp of the olive oil; toss with chicken thighs
- 3. Transfer to foil-lined baking sheet. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
- 4. Meanwhile, in saucepan of boiling salted water, cook carrots for 7 or 8 minutes or until tender; drain and return to pan. Add remaining oil, maple syrup, salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- 5. Serve chicken with carrots, rice and any pan juices.