Summer Breakfast Tacos
Eggs, tomatoes, salsa, queso and avocados, in your choice of tortilla, makes this recipe something you'll want to make for breakfast, lunch and dinner. If you have a gas grill, toast your tortillas over the open flame, if not in a frying pan will work just fine.
This recipe contains eggs, unsalted butter, tortillas, avocados, scallions, tomatoes (cherry), cilantro (fresh), salsa, cheese (queso fresco), salt, pepper
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 4 corn or flour tortillas, toasted
- 1 whole avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) salsa, for topping
- 1 oz. crumbled queso fresco cheese
- 2 - 3 ds. salt to taste
- 2 - 3 ds. pepper to taste
- 1. Heat oven to 400°F and cook/boil chicken if you aren't using leftover to precooked chicken.
- 2. Cook cream cheese and broth in large saucepan on low heat until cream cheese is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring frequently with whisk. Stir in chicken, vegetables and garlic powder.
- 3. Spoon into 9-inch pie plate. Whisk egg and milk in medium bowl until blended. Add baking mix; stir just until moistened. Spread over chicken mixture. Place pie plate on baking sheet.
- 4. Bake 25 to 30 min. or until golden brown.