Ghirardelli's Hot Fudge Sauce
Chocolate sauce- perfect for a hot fudge sundae!
This recipe contains chocolate (bittersweet, bar), butter, sugar, water, corn syrup, vanilla extract
8 - 10 Servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 4 oz. bittersweet chocolate baking bar
- 4 tbsp. butter, cut into chunks
- 1 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1/4 cup(s) light corn syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1. In a heavy saucepan, combine the chocolate (broken into 1/4" pieces) , butter, sugar, water, and light corn syrup.
- 2. Stir the mixture continuously over medium heat until the chocolate and butter have melted and the sugar has dissolved.
- 3. When the sauce comes to a boil, lower the heat and continue boiling gently for 10 minutes. Remove the thickened sauce from the heat, and stir in the vanilla extract.
- 4. Store covered in the refrigerator. To reheat, place in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium 6 to 8 minutes, stirring after the first 3 minutes.