Chocolate Peppermint Bars
Give the gifts of chocolate and peppermint with these merry and bright bars.
This recipe contains sugar, butter, eggs, peppermint extract, food color (red), flour (all-purpose), salt, peppermint candy, chocolate (milk, bar)
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 1 cup(s) butter
- 1 eggs
- 1/4 tsp. peppermint extract
- 5 ds. red food coloring
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup(s) peppermint candy, crushed and divided
- 1 1/2 oz. milk chocolate bars
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- 2. Beat sugar and butter in large bowl until light and fluffy. Add egg, peppermint extract and food coloring. Stir together flour and salt in small bowl; gradually add to sugar mixture, beating until well mixed. Add 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies. Using floured hands, pat into prepared pan.
- 3. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until firm. While still hot, place chocolate bars over top; let stand several minutes until chocolate melts. Spread to make a frosting.
- 4. Sprinkle remaining peppermint candy on top. Cool before serving.
- 5. TIP: To crush peppermint candies, unwrap and place in plastic bag and seal. Use a rolling pin to crush candy