The south-of-the-border flavor bursts out of this dish and onto your family’s Favorite Dinner list. Let the fiesta begin!
This recipe contains chicken breasts (boneless skinless), rice (brown), chili powder, cilantro (fresh), salsa, bell peppers (red), onions, corn (frozen), water, cooking spray
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 3 whole boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3 cup(s) whole grain brown rice
- 1 1/2 tbsp. chili powder
- 1/4 cup(s) cilantro, chopped
- 3/4 cup(s) mild salsa
- 3/4 cup(s) red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup(s) onion, chopped
- 1 cup(s) corn kernels, frozen or canned
- 5 cup(s) water
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1. Cut chicken breasts into 1/2-inch strips.
- 2. Coat a wide-bottom pan or 12-14" skillet with a nonstick spray and heat over a medium heat. Add the chicken and red peppers, cook until chicken is browned and fully cooked.
- 3. Remove from pan, set aside and keep warm.
- 4. In same pan add the onion, cook for 30 seconds. Add the water, rice, chili powder, corn and salsa; simmer for 10 minutes or until rice is done.
- 5. Serve chicken and peppers over the rice and garnish with chopped cilantro.