Fanfare Firecracker Shrimp
Spicy, easy shrimp. Great as an appetizer, as a meal or on top of a salad.
This recipe contains shrimp, cilantro (fresh), xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, olive oil (extra virgin), limes, XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, paprika, garlic powder, curry powder, cumin (ground), red pepper (ground), white pepper, black pepper, cayenne pepper, salt
Prep time: 1 hr +
Cook time: 5 min
- 2 lb. ez peel 31/40 tail on shrimp. peeled
- 1/4 pkg(s) cilantro, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup firecracker seasoning (recipe below)
- 1/2 cup(s) olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 whole lime, juiced
- FOR THE FIRECRACKER SEASONING
- 4 tbsp. paprika
- 2 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. curry powder
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. red pepper
- 1 tsp. white pepper
- 1 tsp. ground pepper
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp. kosher salt
- 1. For the Fire Cracker Seasoning:
Combine all ingredients together. Mix well. Place in small dry sauté pan and roast 1 minute over medium heat, moving at all times. This will marry the flavor and increase their intensity. *Be sure not to smell roasting seasoning directly to prevent sneezing!
- 2. For the Shrimp:
Remove EZ peel shrimp from freezer. Leave tails on. Thaw under cold running water. Pat dry as soon as possible
- 3. Place in zip lock bag and add 1/2 Fire Cracker Seasoning mix to zip lock bag. Toss to coat shrimp evenly.
- 4. Place in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- 5. In large heavy bottom skillet, heat oil and spread shrimp evenly across bottom of pan. Do not move shrimp for 20-30 seconds. Quickly stir and add half or remaining Fire Cracker seasoning.
- 6. Let shrimp set over high heat for 20-30 more seconds. Repeat 2 times. Turn heat off. Add lime juice and cilantro and cover with lid or foil for 2-3 minutes.
Remove foil and serve hot or cold.