Thai Salad with Whole Grain Brown Rice & Chicken
Peanut butter, ginger and fresh basil bring out the Thai character of this tasty rice-and-chicken salad.
This recipe contains rice (brown), peanut butter, rice vinegar, oil (vegetable), soy sauce (low-sodium), sugar, ginger (fresh), garlic (fresh), peppers (poblano), cucumbers, chicken breasts (boneless skinless), onions (red), spinach (fresh), basil (fresh)
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 1 1/2 cup(s) whole grain brown rice, uncooked
- 3/4 cup(s) peanut butter
- 1/2 cup(s) rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup(s) vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup(s) lite soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp. ginger, grated
- 1 1/2 tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1/2 poblano pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 whole cucumbers
- 3 cup(s) chicken, cooked and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 6 oz. spinach, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup(s) basil, cut into strips
- 1. Cook the rice according to package directions, set aside and chill.
- 2. Whisk the peanut butter, vinegar, oil, soy sauce, sugar, ginger, garlic, and poblano peppers in a small bowl, set aside.
- 3. Cut the cucumbers in half lengthwise before cutting them into 1/2-inch slices.
- 4. Combine the rice with cucumber, dressing, chicken and onion. Cover and chill.
- 5. Just before serving, toss salad with spinach and basil.