Quinoa Salmon Wasabi Avocado Tower
If you're a fan of sushi, you'll love this fresh, elegant, delicious perspective. Use a ring mold or, in my case, a ravioli mold to form the beautiful compact layers of this dish.
This recipe contains fish (salmon), quinoa, avocados, baby arugula, wasabi paste, chili sauce (sweet), sesame oil, soy sauce, black sesame seeds, onions (green/spring)
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 16 oz. salmon, sashimi grade
- 1 1/2 cup(s) quinoa
- 2 large ripe avocado
- 2 cup(s) baby arugula
- 1 tsp. wasabi
- 2 tbsp. sweet chili sauce
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. black sesame seeds
- 2 green onion, garnish
- 1. Cook quinoa according to cooking instructions. Let cool and set aside.
- 2. In a medium size bowl, mix together sweet chili sauce, soy sauce and sesame oil.
- 3. Trim and cut sashimi grade salmon into 1/2 inch cubes. Add to sauce mixture and refrigerate till ready for assembly.
- 4. In a bowl, combine and mash avocado with wasabi paste.
- 5. Assembly for each tower:
- 6. Using a ring mold, pack down 1 cup of quinoa.
- 7. Next, layer with 4oz of salmon (pack down).
- 8. Layer with wasabi avocado mash. Sprinkle black sesame seeds.
- 9. Top with arugula and garnish with thinly sliced green onion. Serve immediately.