Down-Home Macaroni and Cheese
Delicious mac and cheese bake.
This recipe contains butter, flour (all-purpose), milk, velveeta cheese, pasta (elbow), cheese (cheddar, shredded), crackers (ritz)
Prep time: 25 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 1/4 cup(s) butter, divided
- 1/4 cup(s) flour
- 1 cup(s) milk
- 1/2 lb. velveeta, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 cup(s) elbow macaroni, cooked
- 2 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup(s) ritz crackers, crushed
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F.
- 2. Melt 3 Tbsp. butter in medium saucepan on medium heat. Whisk in flour; cook 2 min., stirring constantly. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to boil; cook and stir 3 to 5 min. or until thickened. Add velveeta; cook 3 min. or until melted, stirring frequently. Stir in macaroni.
- 3. Spoon into 2-qt. casserole sprayed with cooking spray; sprinkle with cheddar. Melt remaining butter; toss with cracker crumbs. Sprinkle over casserole.
- 4. Bake 20 min. or until heated through.