Mexican Quinoa Salad
Mexican Quinoa Salad- corn, black beans and diced tomatoes with green chilies and a Mexican blend of cheese.
This recipe contains quinoa, salt, limes, beans (black, canned), corn (frozen), tomatoes (with green chiles), cheese (mexican blend), olive oil
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 1 cup(s) uncooked quinoa, well rinsed
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 whole 1/2 of a lime, juiced
- 1 can(s) 15oz. black beans, canned
- 1 cup(s) frozen corn
- 1 can(s) 10oz. canned diced tomatoes with green chiles, drained
- 5 oz. shredded mexican cheese
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1. Put the rinsed quinoa, salt, and water into a pot and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer gently until the quinoa absorbs all the water (10-15 minutes). Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes. Place into a large bowl and fluff with a fork to help cool.
- 2. While the quinoa is cooking, mix all remaining ingredients into a large bowl.
- 3. When the quinoa has cooled, mix it into the bean mixture. Add additional salt and lime juice to taste.
- 4. Serve at room temperature, enjoy!